We are pleased to share with you the attached Announcement of the 33rd International Congress on Occupational Health 2022 (ICOH 2022).
The congress, previously planned to be held in Melbourne, Australia, will be held from 6-10 February 2022 in a new digital format.
During this difficult year of pandemic ICOH never stopped its networking activity and also supported the transition to a digital format of many events already scheduled. The ICOH 2022 digital Congress is the natural consequence of the experience acquired during this extraordinary time of global pandemic.
The event is organized directly by ICOH, with the support of the Australian ICOH team.
With the theme “Sharing solutions in occupational health through and beyond the pandemic”, ICOH 2022 will be a forum to share knowledge, discuss best practices and share solutions for better worker health worldwide.
The digital congress will be a high level experience in terms of scientific content and interaction, with networking and engagement opportunities. The congress will be run through a visually rich digital platform recreating the environment of an in-presence congress. The platform will accommodate all sessions and main events that are traditionally included in the ICOH Congress format, and will also feature networking rooms, live chats, exhibition areas, interactive posters, and much more. We believe that the digital format will ensure wider accessibility, giving to the whole OSH community the opportunity to attend. This novelty will be particularly advantageous for participants from low and middle income countries.
The event will include both live streaming and on-demand contents. Participants will have 24/7 on-demand access to all sessions and contents through the Congress digital platform.
The scientific program of ICOH 2022 has been formulated by the active participation of the 37 ICOH Scientific Committees, members of the Board and National Secretaries.
The Keynote Speakers have been selected among the most prominent voices from across the globe coming together to share their experiences and perspectives in their respective fields. Special sessions, oral sessions and interactive posters will provide useful insight into harmonized good occupational health practices.
- Opening Keynote: Sir Michael Marmot – University College, United Kingdom
- Paul Blanc – University of California San Francisco, USA
- Hanifa Denny – Diponegoro University, Indonesia
- Frida Marina Fischer – University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Lin Fritschi – Curtin University, Australia
- Margaret Kitt – National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, USA
- Franklin Muchiri – International Labour Organization, Switzerland
- Karen Nieuwenhuijsen – Coronel Institute, Amsterdam UMC, The Netherlands
- Doo Yong Park – Korean Occupational Safety and Health Agency, Republic of Korea
- Frank Pega – World Health Organization
- Jorma Rantanen – Finnish Institute for Occupational Health, Finland
- Soumya Swaminathan – World Health Organization (invited)
Alistair Woodward – University of Auckland, New Zealand
Registration and call for abstracts will open on 15 June 2021 offering some valuable early bird savings. Please monitor the Congress website www.icoh2022.net for further updates and information.
We encourage you to mark 6-10 February 2022 into your diary and look forward to your participation in the digital experience of ICOH 2022.
ICOH Secretariat General team
Prof. DJ Kocks
ICOH National Secretary (South Africa)
Ms Claudina Nogueira
ICOH Vice President